Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Teeny Tiny BFP!!!!!

I woke up this morning and tested again. Of course it resulted in another almost invisible line. I can't tell if they are getting any darker but I know they aren't getting lighter. J and I were pleased that at least something was still showing on the test, something very very faint.

We raced off on our half hour drive to church where we taught Sunday School for the first time. I agreed to teach weeks ago but so far my ER and bed rest has been interfering. We spent an hour teaching energetic 7 year olds about Jesus :) Then we jumped back in the car and raced back half an hour to the doctor.

The doctor's office was super crowded. I sat down to have my blood drawn and Dr. D came over to us to talk. I've never seen him in the office on a Sunday so that was unusual. He's also never had a conversation with us during a blood draw. He discussed our frozen embryos and how he hoped they could give us good news. It was totally out of character for him.

After that we grabbed a quick lunch and came home to stare at my phone until rang. We waited almost 5 hours playing through different scenarios and possible outcomes. I decided that from looks of our HPTs I would be satisfied with any number over 25. We would at least have a prayer.

Finally the phone rang and our favorite nurse gave me the good news: the test was positive!! And the bad news: my HCG level is only 32. She assured me that it is possible to have a successful pregnancy with a 32 but it is definitely on the low side. My progesterone is also a problem at 18. The doctor wants it to stay above 20 so my dosage was increased from 1cc to 1.5cc.

J and I are both thrilled out of our minds. Unfortunately we've been playing this game too long to get excited while things are still this uncertain. I haven't cried or screamed or even tried to embrace this yet. I need the comfort of a few doubling betas before I can exhale and start wallowing in happiness. But for now, I am pregnant for the first time in my life!! This Father's Day brings the hope that I might actually make J a father.

Thank you God for this incredible blessing!

No comments: