Thursday, June 5, 2008

Come to Momma

< (acupuncture before transfer)

The transfer was perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything better. We went out for an early lunch date and then arrived at the doctor's office at 12:30. I had acupuncture first. It was so relaxing and I listened to great music on my ipod to prepare.

Next the embryologist came in the room. We were hoping it would be the same one we had last time but it wasn't. We were so anxious to hear about our embryos that we were about it loose it. We hadn't had an update in 48 hrs. The embryologist looked at her clipboard. She said "so, we're doing two." Then she acted like she was ready for me to sign it. J and I both felt immediate panic because we thought she was saying that we only had 2 embies left. Finally, after some prodding, she explained that we actually had 5 perfect blasts :) We also had 4 more embryos that hadn't yet made it to blast stage but they were still growing. Huge sigh of relief!

We explained to her that we wanted to transfer at least 3. She left the room to talk to our RE. They came back together and Dr. D told us that he agreed with transferring 3, but would not do more. J made the decision and told him that 3 would be our magic number.

After that things went perfectly. The transfer was smooth and my lining looked great. Dr. D said that the cycle and embryos were "spectacular" and really believes it will work. I spent another half hour on the transfer table for more acupuncture.

We were given pictures of our 3 little blasts. J has been reading and reading about blasts online. He is so proud of the photos that he emailed them to our parents. They just look like little blobs but they are the world to us.

The most incredible thing is that we will have at least 2 frozen blasts!! The 4 "slow growers" are still being watched. If any of them make it to blast stage they will also be frozen. I just can't believe it. I feel so incredibly blessed today.

3 comments:

LanY said...

Yay! I am so glad that everything went so well. 3 blasts is awesome! I hope they snuggle in for the long haul and that your wait until beta goes quickly!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on a successful transfer! How was doing acupuncture before and after? I didn't do that for my last IVF but I will with my upcoming cycle. Did it help you relax more?

Marley said...

Kelly,

Thank you for your comment! Good luck with your upcoming IVF. To answer your question, I thought acupuncture before and after transfer was very helpful. To me it is very calming and I can tell that it generates lots of blood flow. I am so lucky because my IVF clinic does acupuncture on site. I had it done on the transfer table so I didn't even have to move. I would highly reccomend it.

Again, best wishes for a BFP this cycle :)