Monday, June 2, 2008

11 Embryos!

Finally. Finally! I got Dr. D on the phone. He told me that 17 of our 18 eggs were good enough to ICSI. That resulted in 11 embryos. That fertilization rate is not as good as last time (11 out of 18 instead of 6 out of 7), but our number is higher. I was really hoping for 15 but decided that I wouldn't cry if we got 10 or more. So, 11 it is.

I was told that we still have a good chance for a 5-day transfer. I really hope we can make it to day 5. I think we need something extra going for us to make it work this time. They won't look at the embryos today so I'm just praying that they are growing and strong.

Now we wait for the phone call tomorrow morning to find out about our transfer. If we need to do a day-3 then it will happen tomorrow. If we can make it to day-5 then the transfer will happen on Thursday. Until then I have my first progesterone shot to get excited about :(

No comments: