Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It came crashing down.

Just when I think our situation can't get any worse, it does. Today started out with so much hope and ended with an absolutely crushing blow. Dr. D called me himself to give me the results of this mornings blood work. I knew it was a bad sign when I heard him on the phone. He told me that my thyroid is normal (yay), and my beta is negative (double yay), but my FSH is elevated (W.T.F).

He said that my FSH is a 12.7. It's ALWAYS been below a 6. He said that the number is so high that it isn't worth pursuing an IVF this cycle. I can come in next month and hopefully try then. He expects my FSH to go back down and then we will be able to continue treatment. He didn't seem overly concerned which was a stark contrast to the sheer panic and emotional outburst I was experiencing.

I know what a high FSH means. I'm not new to this game. It's a devastating prognosis. It's like my ovaries are turning in their "two weeks notice". So where the hell did this come from?? Why is it suddenly so high. He said it's not surprising coming off of a chemical pregnancy. I asked him if it was caused by the CP and he said no. I have no idea where this leaves me. I'm devastated.

It's absolutely blowing my mind that in addition to my advanced endo I'm now dealing with elevated FSH at the age of 30. 30!! Thirty freaking years old by one month! I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next month, two months, rest of my life. I've put EVERYTHING in my life on hold for these treatments. I want out.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so very sorry you are going through this. It just is not fair.

theworms said...

Just wanted to send more (((HUGS))) your way. Sorry you have to deal with this crap on top of all the other IF crapola.

Kate said...

I am so sorry. I can't believe you are dealing with fsh issues now after just dealing with your loss. It is so unfair.

We got our high FSH b/w result in June and it was shocking. The month before it had been 6. I see lots of bfp's to elevated and high fshers so I haven't lost hope yet.

Take care.