Friday, August 8, 2008

8-08-08 FET!!!

Our transfer is complete and now I'm settling into bed rest. We went in at 11:15 for acupuncture and an 11:45 transfer. We were Dr. Ds last appointment before his 2 week vacation. Good timing!

When we got there the embryologist gave us the most unbelievable news. All 4 embryos survived the thaw! I was (and still am) in total shock. I was preparing for 2 but just praying like crazy for 4. The steroids that I'm taking keep me up most of the night so I have been spending lots of time talking to God about this transfer and our embryos. This is such an unbelievable blessing. Just knowing that all 4 now have a chance to survive has brought so much peace to my heart. An IVF 2ww is always super hard but I think this small miracle will make it easier for me.

There was really no discussion required for the number to transfer. We transferred 3 day-3 embies the first time. The second time we transferred 3 blasts. Since we are 0 for 2, it makes sense to use all 4 frozen blasts. Besides, I would never discard a viable embryo. Three of our embies were expanding and looked "great". The fourth was still viable but making slower progress. The embryologist was pleased with the condition of all 4 and they all received assisted hatching.

I feel so blessed and finally hopeful again. I'm proud to say that for today we're a family of 6.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I'm so happy to hear that things went so well!! Lots of prayers for a quick 2ww and an early,dark BFP!!

Ariella said...

I am so happy to hear all FOUR survived the thaw! That is amazing! I just really didn't exspect that at all.

Sending you lots of sticky dust that one or ALL of them stick.