Wednesday, October 1, 2008

IVF #4: Stim Day 8

I had another ultrasound this morning and now I'll have one everyday. I had 10 measurable follies on the right and 4 (much smaller) on the left. (Come on lefty! You can do it!) Dr. D is still telling me this this cycle is very much like our last fresh round. That's good news for stimming and ER. After 7 days of stims my estrogen is 1363 up from 735 two days ago. I'm still on 225 folli.stim.

What's not so sweet is the sinus infection that just hit me. I felt awful yesterday when I woke up and spent the whole day in my pjs. Today wasn't much better. I got a few things done but I have a low fever and feel like crap. It caught me off guard. I haven't been sick in almost 3 years. I didn't think it was even possible when I'm already on antibiotics an steroids. Of course, my only concern is that I'm going to get so sick that my cycle will be canceled. I don't even want to think about that. Scary!

I'm also having a sudden and very real fear of our PGD. All along I've been thinking that PGD would help us sort our embryos. Now I'm realizing that I shouldn't assume that we will have any normal embryos, much less a selection. I need to prepare myself for the worst because the PGD could lead to some very very bad news. Of course, it could also lead to a great chance for increased odds. That's what we're praying for. I just have to tell myself that even if the news is bad, it is better to know about it now.

1 comment:

theworms said...

I'm glad lefty is starting to cook, praying you get lots of mature eggs. I have a great feeling about this cycle, you will have great embabies to transfer.

Feel better.