Monday, September 29, 2008

IVF #4: Moving right along

I had my second stim check this morning. This time Dr. D measured 7 follies on the right and 4 on the left. All on the left are considerably smaller. I went straight to acupuncture and she tried to "wake up" my left ovary. I guess we will see. My left has always been the under performer since it keeps getting wrapped up in endo.

My E2 level is 780 and Dr. D is pleased with that. He said that my progress this time is almost identical to my last fresh cycle. I would be happy if we ended up with the same egg count (18). I don't want to get my hopes too high. The most important thing is getting enough embryos for PGD. I think they will do it if we have 6-7 embies.

Over the last 24 hrs I've been sabotaging my own folli.stim supply. It's like I'm working with half a brain. When it was time for my shot yesterday I had some major confusion about which folli.stim pen (yes, I have tons of them) is the right one. I don't know why I have old pens sitting around with old meds in them. Disaster waiting to happen. I finally decided that I was about 95% sure that I had the right pen. After I mixed the meds I expected the cartridge to be empty. It wasn't, so I started second guessing myself. I opened the pen and took out the cartridge to get a closer look. Of course, I dropped it on the floor and shattered the bottom half of the cartridge. Great! This stuff is like liquid gold and I'm ruining it. I think I can still finish the rest of the broken vial. The glass is broken below the plunger but the portion housing the medicine is totally intact.

I only have one unopened box of folli.stim left. Today my nurse told me that I would need more. I needed to order it today to avoid a problem. Here's a shocker, I forgot to order it. I'm such a moron. It's not like I was busy doing brain surgery today. It was so simple and I forgot. Ugh, I think I can get through with the meds that I have but it will be down to the drop.

No comments: