Tuesday, October 7, 2008

IVF #4: Egg Retrieval

My egg retrieval went smoothly yesterday. I felt less anxious about it than I have in the past. I absolutely hate IVs but I think I'm getting more comfortable with the process. That said, I'm also getting very tired of the process.

When I woke up in post op I found out that they were able to get 13 eggs. Not great but not bad enough to bring on tears. I felt more beat up this time around. The nurse gave me something through my IV for the pain and it did nothing. She kept telling me just to take tyl.enol when I get home. I HATE that my doctor won't give any pain meds until you are already in a great deal of pain. So they sent me away while I was hurting. By the time we got half way home I was having awful stabbing pains on my right side. An hour after I got home I started taking leftover vico.din while calling my RE and asking for something to help. That's exactly why I keep leftovers around. If I played by my doctor's rules I would be sitting around dying for hours before getting any help.

Anyway, I laid in bed all day feeling like crap. I couldn't sleep all day because I was too uncomfortable. By 9:00 pm I had a migraine so out came the ice packs. At 11:30 I took tyl.enol pm to put me out of my misery. Fun day.

No comments: