Thursday, October 9, 2008

IVF #4: Fertilization Report

This news came the day after retrieval but I've taken a few days to post it. Out of our 13 eggs only 8 fertilized with ICIS. There is a 9th that is still being watched for late fertilization. I was hoping for a higher number but I'm glad that we have something to work with. Now I'm waiting on more news about PGD. We need 7 strong day 3 embies to do PGD.

I've been feeling like crap since my retrieval. My abdomen is so bloated and sore. I know it will be fine with time. I've been laying low and keeping a heating pad on it for the last few days.

Last night J and I went out to dinner with some friends and their baby. They didn't know about our TTC. We let them in on a little bit of our story but didn't tell them about IVF. It honestly sucked. She got pregnant with their baby after I was already well into infertility treatments. Now the baby is 6 months old. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them and wish them nothing but the best, but I am in no mood lately to sit around and gush about how beautiful and perfect and happy their son is. I'm such a mean person.

No comments: