Sunday, October 5, 2008

IVF #4: Triggered!

After my last post I was ready to trigger, in my mind. When Dr. D wanted me to stim another day that was fine. Then when he wanted me to stim for a 10th day I had a total meltdown. I think all the estrogen took over and I got really upset. I didn't want anymore shots in the stomach and I didn't want the process to get pushed back for another day. I understand that stimming for 10 days is totally normal but I was being rational. That extra day of stims mean that we had to miss a MLB playoff game (poor J) and miss my BFF in town from out of state (poor me). Sigh.

From my last follie scan it looks like there will be 14 to aspirate. I'm praying that we'll have at least 12 eggs but I'm hoping for 15. I keep forgetting to ask about my last E2. I'm pretty sure it's over 3000.

Luckily I've been able to fight off the sinus infection :) I still don't feel perfect, but much better than I did.

So last night was the trigger. We shot up the ganerel.ix at 6:00 and the went out for a nice dinner. It was great to have a little date night. Then we came home did the trigger. It was hilarious. I am terrible about taking shots. J has to move quickly before I have a chance to panic. We both were a little confused about where the shot should go (I usually have the nurse mark my hip). Anyway I pointed out the spot......

:::Disclaimer: I have a couple of random freckles on my butt cheek. I have no idea why God put them there but they have been sort of helpful for injections.:::::

......I pointed to a freckle that is high on the outside of my hip and said "that's the spot, remember?" He said okay and went to town with the shot. I almost jumped out of my skin when he injected it in the middle of my butt cheek!! It wasn't even close to where it should have been. I was scared that it was going to hit my nerve but we lucked out and didn't have a problem. I asked him what the heck he was doing and said, "aiming for the freckle, like you said". I cranked my head around to examine my butt and see what on earth was talking about. It turned out he was aiming at the wrong freckle on a totally different hemisphere of my butt. How funny is that? We should not be trusted with this stuff.

No comments: