Monday, September 8, 2008

RPL & Karyotype

We finally got the results back from our blood tests. It took a few days longer than expected so we were starting to sweat it out. The results were underwhelming:

Karyotype: All results were normal. I have been thanking God continuously for this great news. I can't let this blessing go by without giving honor where it's due. I honestly didn't know if I had the strength to take on a major chromosomal issue. Luckily we were blessed with good results so we can cross the karyotype off our list.

RPL: Again, all results were normal. This is where the emotions get confusing. I was honestly a little disappointed that nothing was found. I was surprised to hear my acupuncturist say that those feelings were justified and in my position she would also be pissed. At this point I'm just desperate for some answers. I want someone to tell us why I keep losing my pregnancies before I even have a chance to enjoy them. I know these things happen, but why twice in a row after all of this! I'm trying to convince myself that this is good news and I don't want another diagnosis (which is actually true). The only thing that these results have taught us is that we absolutely have to do PGD with our next IVF.

1 comment:

theworms said...

I'm glad the genetic tests came back all clear. As for the RPL, I can totaly relate to wanting to find something to fix, I wish you didn't have to go through all this.

Have you ever done co-culture?
You'll be in my prayers and I hope you get a sticky BFP very soon.