Friday, September 26, 2008

IVF #4 is a go!!!!!!

I am so so happy that we avoided another delay and were cleared to start IVF #4. My day 3 ultrasound showed 8 tiny follies on each ovary. I was thrilled out of my mind that my FSH went back down this month. My FSH level was checked early due to some confusion over my AF start date. My blood was taken on the day before CD1. Dr. D believed that it was close enough to count. The beautiful part was the number: 4.8. I'm sure on CD3 it would have been a little higher, but still. Gigantic exhale!

Today is my third day of Follistim (225 units). Tomorrow morning we will go in for my first follie check. Something happened with my second injection last night. I think J hit a blood vessel b/c I have the biggest bruise I've ever had from an injection. It's dark purple, raised, and about the size of a quarter. Hmmmm.

I'm fascinated by the election right now and I'm spending lots of time following the campaigns. It's actually a great distraction to keep my mind off of IF. I wish I could watch the debate live tonight but we're going to a baseball game. I'll catch the playback later.

2 comments:

theworms said...

GL!!! Praying this is finally it for you and DH, the stickiest BFP ever! Did they change your protocol?

Marley said...

Thank you so much! The only difference in my protocol this time will be PGD. I really hope that it gives us an advantage. We're stimming with Follistim, luveris, & ganerelix again because last time my RE was happy with the my egg production. I agree that it's probably the best protocol for my body. (fingers crossed)