Monday, July 28, 2008

No Infertility Coverage

I'm no stranger to this situation but now it seems like a slap in the face. J and I have had the same insurance coverage since we were married. That coverage provided exactly $2,000 worth of infertility coverage. It was only a teeny tiny fraction of what we have spent so far but at least it was something. We spent over 3 months writing letters to the insurance company before actually collecting that $2,000.

Now, J's company insurance has changed to a new carrier. I've been waiting for months to get the group number and information needed to check our INfertility benefits. I've been praying and hoping that our new insurance would help ease the burden of this IF nightmare. This morning we called and got our answer, "NOTHING". Absolutely nothing is covered. Thank you very much. Glad we got that resolved.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I am sorry. IF coverage should be mandated in all states.