Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lap Results: Advanced Stage III Endo


Dr. D said that my endo was considerably worse than last year. It has progressed to advanced stage III endo. I haven't talked to him yet about the location of the endo but I have some lovely pictures. The black adhesions do seem more prevalent this time. The surgery lasted 1.5 hrs so there was clearly more work to be done this time.

Dr. D also worked on the inside of my uterus. He found some tissue that he described as hard and "avascular" which could inhibit implantation. He "tilled" the tissue (sliced it and peeled it back) to create a better environment for our embryos.

I'm totally fascinated by one of the pictures that we were given. It's a snapshot of the inside of my uterus and it shows the site of my miscarriage. It's just a red spot but it's somehow comforting to me. The chemical pregnancy was so brief that it seems like I just imagined it. It's nice to have it on paper to see that something actually happened.

I didn't even get to talk to Dr.D after the surgery so I still have questions. My post-op is on Monday so hopefully he will clear me to go off of the BCP and prepare for our FET. I've been in more pain this time than with my last lap. I was pretty miserable yesterday but today is better and tomorrow I should be off the pain meds. J is being such a saint and taking great care of me. We're both just glad to get this behind us.

3 comments:

andrea said...

marley, I've been thinking of you tons. I hope you feel better soon and this lap is the ticket to your FET success. It's really amazing they could see the implantation site. It will happen for you, it will. Lots of prayers for you in the upcoming months.

Marley said...

Thank you so much Andrea! It's great to hear from you :)

Ariella said...

I am gald the lap is over for you. I don't know what the endo means but I hope it goes away or they were able to remove it. I have lots of hope for your next FET.