Monday, November 10, 2008

Twins, twins, TWINS!!!!!!!

I don't even know where to start. There's only one reason for my lack of blog entries. I.am.scared.to.death. I'm totally overwhelmed with how lucky we have been since our first beta and I'm terrified that something bad is going to happen. I'm scared to talk about the pregnancy, or think about it, or write about it. Even though I'm kidding myself, I sort of think that if I avoid those things then I won't get too attached and I won't jinx it. Anyway, there are just too many important things happening to keep quiet any longer.

Our 3rd beta came back at 1000! It more than doubled every 48 hrs. What a miracle!! Even before our 3rd beta we had to tell J's parents and my mom. We wanted to keep it to ourselves but they knew when we had the transfer so they were starting to ask. I was very very nervous about sharing the news because I was still so skeptical. They were all so happy for us but still reserved and cautious.

We went in for our first ultrasound at 5 weeks. It was so early that they were only looking for the sac to make sure it was in the uterus. Luckily things looked good and there was one beautiful little sac. I was a little disappointed that there was only one, but how on earth could I not be thrilled with a little baby in there. That day my progesterone came in at 202.

We went back for our second ultrasound at 6 weeks. We were checking for a yolk sac but I was praying so hard that we would see an early heartbeat. That's when we got the shock of our lives. Dr. D started the ultrasound and passed over the sac and mentioned that it was much larger than the week before. Then he moved on and there was another sac. He didn't say anything and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. After checking both sacs several times he said, "it's twins." Those were the most beautiful words I've ever heard. I got a little teary and J started laughing uncontrollably and then he started sweating all over. LOL. I couldn't believe how happy he was. It was precious. We were on cloud nine.

Now J's been walking around for a week shouting twins and then laughing. It's so cute! I'm just as happy but I'm scared out of my mind. We're preparing to go back for our week 7 ultrasound tomorrow. We need to see the heartbeats. I've been going out of my mind worrying about it and saying lots and lots of prayers.

4 comments:

Ninja Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Have been following your blog for some time. I am thrilled for you!!

theworms said...

I am so excited for you!! You're having twins!!! I knew it all along and was so annoyed that your first u/s only showed 1, my gut instincts are never wrong :) I'm so glad they are right in this case!
YAY!!!!!

..al said...

Wow! And what a huge surprise... to see that unexpected second miracle. Congratulations Lady! Way to go! Take care!