Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Opener

This seems like an odd time to start a blog. My husband and I have been married and battling infertility for a grand total of 20 months. I have already endured 8 months of trying naturally, a laperoscopy, an HSG, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 rounds of clomid, 2 IUIs with follistim, and 1 failed IVF. There is far too much history and too many tears to recap it all at this point.

I've decided to start this blog because of a sudden, and unusual, wave of optimism. I am exactly in the middle of IVF #2. Today was my egg retrieval. It occurred to me after surgery that my eggs were being fertilized at that moment and the life of our baby might be beginning today. With that in mind it seems like a shame not to record the excitement.

This will be, as most blogs are, a safe place for me to express emotions about infertility and also record the events that seem to be forgotten so quickly. I'm praying with all my heart that this blog will quickly turn into a pregnancy journal. Unfortunately the realist in me says that it will most likely become a catalogue of disappointments. Time will tell.

No comments: